Investing for a golden visa will bring residency benefits allowing you and your family to live in Spain.
Article 63. Residence visa for investors
1. Non resident citizens who intend to enter Spanish territory in order to make a significant capital investment may apply for residence permit , or where applicable, residence for investors .
It will be understood as a significant capital investment that meets any of the following circumstances:
a) An initial investment equal to or more than 2 billion Euros in Spanish government debt securities , or a value equal to or greater than one million euros in shares or shares of Spanish companies , or bank deposits with financial institutions Spanish.
b ) The acquisition of real estate in Spain with an investment of equal or greater than EUR 500,000 per applicant.
c ) A business project that will be developed in Spain and is considered and credited as general interest , for which compliance with at least one of the following conditions are evaluated:
1. Creating jobs.
2. Making an investment with relevant socio-economic impact in the geographic area in which you will develop the activity.
3. Relevant to scientific innovation and / or technological contribution .
It also means that foreign visa applicant has made a significant capital investment when the investment is carried out a legal person domiciled in a territory that is not considered a tax haven according to the Spanish legislation , and foreign owned, directly or indirectly, a majority of the voting rights and has the power to appoint or remove a majority of the members of its board.
Article 66. Residence permit for investors .
1. Foreign investors wishing to reside in Spain for more than one year, shall be provided with a residence permit for investors , which will be valid throughout the national territory.
2. To apply for a residence permit for investors , the applicant must , in addition to the general requirements contained in Article 62 , shall meet the following requirements :
a) Be the holder of a residence visa for investors in vigor or be within ninety calendar days after the expiration thereof.
b ) Having traveled to Spain at least once during the period authorized to reside .
c ) In the case referred to in point a) of paragraph 2 of Article 63, the investor must demonstrate that the investment has remained equal to or greater than the minimum required :
In the case of unlisted shares or shares , you must present a notarized certificate proving that the investor has held during the reference period prior ownership of unlisted shares or shares that empowered to obtain a visa investors. The certificate must be dated within 30 days prior to filing.
Assuming investment in quoted shares , you must present a certificate from a financial institution stating that the applicant has maintained at least an average value a million euros invested in listed shares during the period previous reference . The certificate must be dated within 30 days prior to filing.
Assuming investment in government bonds , must present a certificate from a financial institution or the Bank of Spain in which the maintenance or expansion is verified during the reference period preceding the number of titles public debt investor acquired at the time he made the initial investment. The certificate must be dated within 30 days prior to filing .
Assuming investment bank deposit, must present a certificate from the financial institution to verify the investor has maintained or expanded , your deposit during the previous reporting period . The certificate must be dated within 30 days prior to filing .
In the case referred to in point b ) of paragraph 2 of Article 63, the applicant must demonstrate that the investor owns the property or real estate for the minimum amount required under that Article . To do this you must provide the certificate or certificates of proficiency Land Registry corresponding to the property or properties and must be dated within 90 days prior to the application.
In the cases referred to in point c ) of paragraph 2 of Article 63 , it shall submit a favorable report by the Directorate General for Trade and Investment , Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness to find that the interest of the general initially remain accredited .
f ) Compliance with the obligations on taxation and social security .
Article 67 . Length of residence permit for investors
1. The initial residence for investors will run for two years.
2. Once this deadline, those foreign investors who are interested in residing in Spain for a longer period may apply for renewal of the residence permit for investors for the same period of two years.